Sharon Levingston, Head of Events at The Events Authority recently returned from a hosted-visit with a number of events industry leaders to attend the opening of Hamilton Island’s new Beach Pavilion conference space.
The group was wined and dined on the lawns between the beach and the Beach Pavilion.
“It was a fabulous event under the stars on a balmy tropical Whitsunday evening, and a timely reminder of what a versatile destination the island is,” says Sharon.
“Recognising the importance of conference and incentive business to the island’s success, Hamilton has made significant investments in revamping its conference spaces. And with accommodation options to suit all styles of groups, Hamilton appeals to a broad base,” she added.
Sharon stayed at Reef View Hotel.
“The rooms are huge! They’re ideal for groups that need a twin share option and, with all rooms ocean facing, the views are fabulous. So fab, in fact, that the feathered locals often pop by to enjoy the views as well,” quips Sharon.
The island’s Conference Centre has been refurbished.
“Conference Centre is fresh, its colours are subtle, and there’s an on-site AV team that knows what can be done in this region,” says Sharon.
The island’s standout features according to Sharon?
- Hamilton Island has matured and is a genuine stand-alone destination. With a choice of restaurants in all categories – and even now a huge IGA offering a selection of ready made meals, the island offers numerous options for longer stays.
- Meeting space choices: Conference, beach-front, poolside, yacht club – a number of different venues that can keep any group surprised.
- The accommodation selection: From Qualia, Yacht Club Villas, Beach Club, Reef View Hotel – the island can cater for any group.
- The Whitsundays: Honestly, how lucky are we to have this destination right on our doorstep – the reef, Whitehaven Beach, Walking on the island, water activities – just WOW.
- Hamilton Island is home to 10 restaurants, 6 bars, 7 pools and over 20 specialty stores. Facilities include a chapel, IGA Supermarket, pharmacy, post office, bank, kids club, hairdresser and day spa.
- There are 13 dedicated meeting rooms and over 10 unique function areas such as secluded sandy beaches and beachfront pavilions to provide a business event with a difference.
Come and check it out for yourself.
For more information, simply leave us a note in the form below, or CALL US to discuss your specific requirements.
We’d love to hear from you.