In another step towards reopening, Qantas brings forward international flights from Melbourne including destinations such as London and Singapore.
Qantas will bring forward international flights from Melbourne following the Victorian Government’s decision to remove quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers returning from overseas from November. The decision was made possible due to the accelerated roll-out of Victorians getting vaccinated. Good for you Victoria.
“The decision made by the Victorian Government to remove quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers will make it easier for people to take the trips they’ve been longing to take.” said Qantas Group CEO, Alan Joyce.
The updated international schedule includes:
- Melbourne to London, brought forward to 6 November 2021. Operations will start at two days per week but quickly ramp up to daily from 18 December 2021
- Melbourne to Singapore, brought forward to 22 November 2021. This is three weeks ahead of what was scheduled, operations starting at three days per week and again ramping up to daily from 18 December 2021. Jetstar will also begin flying to Singapore, operating four times a week. This route hasn’t flown since 2019!
- Qantas is offering the first three return services across both routes as Points Planes, making them available to frequent flyers across every cabin as Classic Flight Reward Seats. They will also be available for regular flight bookings.
As of this week, Victorian customers can also now book onward flights to other international destinations including Los Angeles (1 November), Fiji (7 December), Johannesburg (5 January) and Bangkok (14 January) via Sydney.
Important Information for international travellers
We can’t wait to see you travelling again, however, there are some important things to know before you depart.
- Initial flights are limited to Australian citizens, permanent residents and their immediate families and parents in line with current Federal Government requirements.
- All passengers on Qantas and Jetstar international flights (aged 12 years+) will be required to be fully vaccinated with a TGA-approved vaccine (unless they have an exemption).
- As part of Federal Government requirements, customers on these flights will also be required to return a negative COVID test from an approved PCR testing site within 72 hours of departure.
- The Victorian Government requires all passengers travelling to Victoria to take a COVID test within 24 hours of arriving.
- Customers are advised to check government requirements for the destination they are travelling to. Customers who book international flights before 28 February 2022 can make ‘fee free’ date changes when travelling before 31 December 2022.
For more information, simply leave us a note in the form below, or CALL US [1300 935 669] to discuss your specific requirements.
We’d love to hear from you!